Relationships start off all butterflies and smiles. The longer they last, the more questions they bring. “Does he really like me? Are we on the same page? Does he want kids? Is he the one? Am I going to marry this boy?!” Well if does really like you, if you are on the same page, you meet the fam, you have the same future thoughts …you slowly start to realize – oh wow this may be it 🙂
Then one day you have a little more bling than you did the day before 😉 Let the wedding planning begin! Now you’re buying magazines you’ve never needed before and talking table cloths, flowers & champagne more than ever!!
I was chatting with a newly engaged friend this morning and it brought me back to all my thoughts and planning for our wedding…it’s so fun, but it’s also a LOT!! She was talking about their fabulous location, so now what has to happen is all that glitters with G&G – the FABULOUS DETAILS!!
Every girl is different. Some care only about the dress. Some the cake. Some the band. Some the flowers. But one thing is in common – they ALL care!! I mean come on, whether you admit it or not, every girl has dreamed about their wedding at some point and when the day comes and it’s YOUR turn – you want it to be perfect!
Since working at G&G for almost two years, I have figured out some hits and misses that I make sure every new bride does or doesn’t do! So here’s my list 🙂
1. Pick what YOU want!! For example…If I were registering right now – I would go with the L’Objet Perlee everyday…
2. Register for Fine China. Even though you probably WON’T get 12 place settings, the plates are great for wall decorations 🙂 and it’s just so special!
3. Show your fiance your picks at least once! It’s soo funny how some guys don’t think they’ll have an opinion until they hold the coffee cup and its not a good size OR they look at the “cereal bowl” and wonder how in the world it will fit their Jethro spoon?!
4. Chargers are great serving pieces. Even if you don’t think chargers under plates are your thang…they are great as serving dishes and will match your plates!
5. And finally most important – you will be a princess on your wedding day no matter what those little lies tell you – it will be the most PERFECT most amazing day, so just enjoy every minute of it!!! 🙂